Pupil Premium and Pupil Premium Plus Funding
Adopted Children – Funding from the Adoption Support Fund
We also work closely with the Pioneers Project in Plymouth.
The Pioneers Project is a popular choice for schools and children’s services where children may be excluded or at risk of exclusion and a different approach is needed to delivering education and support to children and young people who struggle in a mainstream education setting. This project offers bespoke support which is suited to the individual’s needs but also meets the criterion and requirements of the statutory obligation of schools to provide an education. This support in offered ‘off site’ using a variety of innovative medium to meet the aims and objectives of the referrers. For more details, you can view their website here:
Massage in Schools
Massage in Schools Program
The Massage in Schools Programme (MISP) was first introduced into UK schools in 2001. It is a programme of positive touch and clothed peer massage for children aged 4 – 12 years and their parents. It is used in schools, child centred organisations and the home to improve children’s wellbeing.
A number of studies have been done in the UK using different methodologies. The outcomes from the studies in this overview of research show that the main benefits of the MISP are:
• Improved calmness and concentration
• Increased self-confidence and self-esteem
• Improved social skills with a greater number of relationships/friendships with peers and adults
• Children feel happier and more relaxed
• A reduction in aggressive behaviour and bullying
• A more positive attitude and greater engagement with learning
• Improved ability to work in groups and independently
• Greater creativity and problem solving • Increased awareness of the body and signs of stress and anxiety
If you would like to know more about this program, please contact us for further details.